Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church
As the name indicates, this congregation is built on the foundation of Jesus Christ as the world’s Savior from sin and the Lord of Life. It serves to proclaim the “gospel” or “good news” about Jesus.
We are known in Eden Prairie as “the church with the sign” and have been a fixture on the Hwy 5 since 1978. We belong to a larger group of believers and congregations, the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS).
Even more stable than our location and church affiliation are the Bible truths we profess. Following is a sample of the teachings we firmly hold to:
- The Bible is God's inspired Word, without error.
- Jesus is the Son of God and our Savior.
- All people are born in sin and need the forgiveness that Jesus won by his sacrificial death on the cross.
- God bestows all spiritual blessings upon sinners by the means of grace. That is, the gospel in Word and sacraments (baptism and the Lord’s Supper.)
- We are saved by grace through faith alone.
Everything we believe and everything we do as a congregation is directed by what God says in his Word, the Bible. The following summarizes the reason for our church’s existence. It is our congregation’s mission statement: Christ FOR Us … Christ IN Us … Christ THROUGH Us.
It is the mission of Christ Lutheran Church to proclaim the good news of God’s love in sending Jesus Christ to be the world’s Savior from sin, by nurturing spiritual growth and lifelong learning through ongoing study of God’s Word in the Bible, and reaching out to our community and the world with a faithful witness of the hope we have in Christ. (John 3:16; 2 Peter 3:18; Matthew 28:19-20)
For a fuller statement of what we believe, please visit http://www.wels.net/what-we-believe
Church Email - email@example.com
Church Office - (952) 937-1233